1. van Staden, S., Combrinck,C., Roux, R., Tshele, M. & Palane, N. (2019). How Measures of Opportunity to Learn (OTL) can inform educational quality and policy. South African Journal of Childhood Education, 7, (1-19).
2. Combrinck, C. & Mtsatse, N. (2019). Reading on Paper or Reading digitally? Reflections and implications of ePIRLS 2016 in South Africa. South African Journal of Education, 39(4).
3. Mtsatse, N. & Combrinck, C. (2018). Dialects matter: The impact of dialects and code-switching on the literacy and numeracy achievement of isiXhosa Grade 1 learners in the Western Cape. Journal of Education, 72 (19 - 36).
4. Combrinck, C., Scherman, V., Maree, D. & Howie, S. (2018). Multiple Imputation for dichotomous MNAR items using a Recursive Structural Equation Model with Rasch Measures as predictors. Sage Open, 1 (1-12).
5. Combrinck, C., Scherman, V. & Maree, D. (2017). Evaluating anchor items and reframing assessment results through a practical application of the Rasch Measurement Model. South African Journal of Psychology, 47(3) 316–329.
6. Combrinck, C., Scherman, V. & Maree, D. (2016). The use of Rasch competency bands for reporting criterion-referenced feedback and curriculum-standards attainment. Perspectives in Education, 34(4),62-78.
7. Combrinck, C., van Staden, S. & Roux, K. (2014). Developing early readers: Patterns in introducing critical reading skills and strategies to South African children. Reading & Writing 5(1).
8. Combrinck, C., van Staden, S. Roux, K. Tshele M & Macleod Palane N. Moving beyond league table standings: How Measures of Opportunity to Learn (OTL) can inform educational quality and policy directives.