- The University of Pretoria has an extensive database of existing suppliers who have served the institution in the past. At present, the University is in the process of centralising its procurement activities and as part of this process a transparent and equitable procedure has been developed for the evaluation of new suppliers. This new procedure for registering suppliers on the database is gradually being implemented and as a result no new suppliers are currently being registered unless the product/service is unique or another special reason exists to accept a new supplier.
- The new process of supplier evaluation also aims to support the endeavours of the University regarding preferential procurement to comply with the Codes of Good Practice on Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment.
- For a new supplier application to be considered, the prescribed documentation needs to be completed and submitted in hard copy accompanied by the required support documentation. No incomplete applications will be considered. The application should further be accompanied by a company profile. Finally, the application should include a request from the UP department interested in using the services of the particular supplier.
- Enquiries regarding the registration of new suppliers may be directed to the Procurement Division, University of Pretoria on 012 420 5940/4970 or [email protected]
- Independent Ethics Hotline supports UP’s policy of zero tolerance towards fraud and corruption - click here
Conditions for Submission of Documents Requesting Remittance
Share this page
Last edited by Paul AsrieEdit