The following screenshots were made with an Android mobile device. The screen for your own device may therefore vary in appearance. However, the process should be similar for other device types:
1. Enable your WiFi connection on your device and scan for available WiFi networks. Select the TUKS-Guest open WiFi connection:
2. Once the connection has been established, you may close the settings screen.
3. Open your mobile Internet browser and type in the URL: www.google.co.za (this step is required to start the web authentication process).
4. A login screen will display.
4.1 Click on the Need a guest account? Click here as you will not have a username or password at this stage (for guests).
4.2 Enter your username and password as provided by the conference organiser (for conference users).
5. You now need to provide your full name and email address that will be used to create your guest login credentials. Please ensure that your email address is correct and that the email account is active, as you will need to access this email address to retrieve your login information. Read the Acceptable use of the UPwireless network and click the I agree tick box:
6. The following registration confirmation screen will be displayed:
7. Open your email application and retrieve the email sent by [email protected]. This email contains important information regarding your WiFi guest account application:
8. You are now ready to access the UP wireless internet. Please keep the above information in a safe place should you need to reconnect to the UP wireless network during the access time granted to you.
A few notes on using the TUKS-Guest access:
- You may access up to 10 MB of data without authentication with the username and password provided to you via email.
- Once you have exceeded the 10 MB limit you will need to re-authenticate on the UP wireless network via your username and password.