TuksTennis is a premier tennis training centre situated on the sports grounds of the University of Pretoria. TuksTennis falls under the jurisdiction of TuksSport and works closely with the University of Pretoria’s high-performance centre (hpc) and its sport science and medical units.
The combination provides the optimal solution for tennis players all over the world, by incorporating their synergies to produce future world champions. Not only are we geared for the top players but we also have a unique programme for players of all levels and ages.
The main focus of TuksTennis is to achieve this goal through a structured approach of:
- Full-time high-performance Academy tennis coaching
- Scientific and medical performance management
- On-site accommodation and tuition services
- International exposure through tours and tournaments
- The ideal programme for under-10 players through all the stages of their development
In addition to the above, the centre aims to focus on the following areas:
- Development of coaches on a National basis (qualification, specialized courses, degrees, conferences, etc)
- Maintaining a professional administration and management system.
- Player management
SUSTAINABLE FEEDER SYSTEM
- Tuks implements a satellite/franchise system to develop and improve tennis on the ground level
- A coaching programme for pre-schools – at all levels and age. Coaches to implement this programme is provided.
- The provision of standard coaching to all levels of players within the Tuks region at affordable prices
Situated on the University of Pretoria’s HIlcrest Sports Campus there is a wealth of facilities and a perfect training environment with all amenities on site. This includes;
• 18 Hard Courts
• Sports Science Gymnasium
• Sports Science and Medical Unit offering the following services: Doctors, Physios, Nutrition, Psychology,
Sports Science, Video Analysis and Biokinetics.
• On-site full board accommodation and transport available.