STUDENT DISCIPLINARY ADVISORY PANEL
'Aimed at Protecting the Interests of Accused Students'
The Student Disciplinary Advisory Panel (SDAP) is a service provider staffed by students from the Faculty of Law. SDAP aims to provide assistance whenever students are charged with misconduct by explaining the procedure followed from receipt of a charge sheet by a student, through the different stages of a disciplinary hearing.
ATTENTION! APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 ARE NOW OPEN
REQUIRMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- You must be in your penultimate or final year of studies for the LLB degree in 2021
- You must have a cumulative average of no less than 65% including or excluding your BCom/BA Law subjects
- You must have not failed more than 3 subjects in your degree
- Completed Applicaiton form. For the link to the application, please follow this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Full Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Full Academic Transcript
- Motivational Letter (written specifically for the portfolio you want).
ATTENTION! COVID-19 AND LOCKDOWN UPDATE!
THE SDAP SHALL REMAIN OPERATIONAL DURING THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES. WE KINDLY URGE YOU FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THE UPDATED SDAP MODUS OPERANDI:
- STUDENTS WISHING TO SCHEDULE A CONSULATION WITH THE SDAP ARE KINDLY URGED TO SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH THE SDAP BY CONTACTING US.
- AN INDEMNITY FORM SHALL BE ISSUED TO THE STUDENT IN WHICH THE STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO SIGN, SCAN AND SEND IT BACK TO US. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE NECCESSARY RESOURCES TO COMPLETE THIS ACTION THEN A CONTIGENCY PLAN SHALL BE PUT IN PLACE.
- A CONSULATION SHALL BE SCHEDULED AND CONDUCTED THROUGH E-COMMUNCATION.
NOTICE: TO FIND THE SDAP CONSTITUTION, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK AND SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.