Various aspects of physics education research as well as study opportunities are available.
Research projects would focus on the following aspects:
- Exposition of Physics ideas and concepts to be understood on similar standards by all.
- For projects and studies in M Sc, Honours in Physics must have been achieved after B Sc with Physics as a major.
- Doctoral studies are available to students who have satisfied the MSc level in any Physics category.
- Research and investigations are done among students in classes and lecture halls, teachers in in-service organisations and indigenous communities of the country both rural and otherwise.
- Numerous, although not necessarily all, studies will be done trans-culturally along languages, outlooks and African perspectives.
Projects that are available in this research group include the following:
- Comparing performance of students from mainstream Physics 1 and extended program Physics 1 as they study together in final semester.
- Lightning and Thunder: Indigenous outlook against scientific perspective.
- Electromagnetic Induction: Fields in “empty spaces”. How freshmen understand the concept.
- Understanding lightning dangers, protection and safety among students.
- Difficulties in comprehending how unseen waves are captured to yield radio and television sounds (heard) and figures (seen).
- Investigating how first years understand how a fridge is “heated” to develop frigid temperatures – how low can temperatures go?
For more information contact: