Membership & Jobs
Downloads and Useful links
About the Career Office :
The Career Office is division within the Client Service Centre. It is the first point of contact for potential employers to make contact with registered students and for students seeking employment to interact with potential employers. These valuable interactions are facilitated by the Career Office through a variety of activities and resources:
1. Annual Graduate Recruitment Programme: This programme includes a Career Expo, Career Week and various faculty-specific career days. The purpose of the career days is to assist students in securing employment after or before graduation.
2. Job Advertising: This is done on the Student Career Portal and Notice Board. Both part-time and permanent job opportunities (internal and external) are advertised. The portal can be accessed by all registered UP students.
· Log on to www.up.ac.za and click the “Admin/other links” tab.
· From the drop-down menu, click on “My Career”;
· Go to the “Membership and Jobs” tab.
First time users:
· Follow the link to the registration page and register FREE as a CareerSeeker;
· Select a username and provide your e-mail address to which your password will be sent;
· Activate your profile and change your password within 24-hours;
· Once you have activated your profile you are ready to upload your CV and start applying for jobs.
3. Workplace Readiness Programme (WRP): This programme involves a series of workshops during which topics such as compiling CV- and cover letter writing, the Mock Interview Programme (where students get to practice their interview skills); there are arranged industry visits; business games and simulations and also the opportunity for a one-on-one consultation.
4. Resources, Information and Publications: The primary sources are UP Career Guide, Grad X, Careers SA, The Graduate, Career Compass, Companies of the Future. Other publications are available to assist students in securing employment. Company brochures, application forms, CV samples, interview questions and salary scales are also available to students.
5. Career Focus Newsletter: This is a monthly electronic publication which keeps students up to date with employment opportunities and industry-related news and events. Student members receive a free copy of the newsletter on a monthly basis.
6. Student Membership System: On this system registered students can register to receive e-mail notifications/alerts related to job opportunities, career-related events and other relevant news. To activate your membership, send an E-mail with the word “Register” in the subject line to [email protected] .
Share this page