To protect and promote public health and the environment by controlling and minimising environmental health hazards through research, education, training and working in partnership with communities.
- Utilize the diverse skills and strengths of our team to accomplish our tasks.
- Create an intellectual environment and critical mass of core expertise in environmental health, with the broad objectives of improving national health and prosperity.
- Help people find the best methods to achieve environmental health compliance.
- Work with the community to create a positive and innovative partnership to promote good health.
- Provide meaningful avenues for our team's professional growth and development.
- Provide a forum for the team members to share experience, information and expertise.
- Integrate and facilitate research activity in key focus areas.
- Foster an environment for research that crosses traditional disciplinary boundaries creating potential for innovation in science, technology and medicine.
- Form strategic alliances with researchers at other universities, research institutes, the pharmaceutical, chemical and biotechnology industry and the Department of Health.
- Service to ensure that superior research is performed.
- Provide a culture for evaluating the ethical, legal and social implications of environmental exposures for increasing public understanding of environmentally-induced diseases.
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App