Write a love letter to your library and win R500!
1 February 2018
The Department of Library Services invites all University of Pretoria students to participate in our #LibraryLoversMonth competition!
The Library and Information Association of South Africa (LIASA) is celebrating Library Lovers’ Month in the month of February. Would you like to stand a chance of winning one of the ten R500 Bookmark vouchers?
This is what you have to do!
- Download the Library Love Letter template, or find a printed copy at the Information desk of your campus library: PDF template OR MSWord template;
- Write a love letter to your library (not longer than 100 words) – detailing your passion or positive experience of ANY of our University of Pretoria campus libraries or units such as the Research Commons or MakerSpace. We would love to know the impact our libraries have on your life and are looking forward to reading about your love for libraries;
- Take a photograph of the letter, share it on social media and tag us: #UPLibrary, #LibraryLoversMonth, #LIASAMAIG;
- OR email your electronic love letter to [email protected];
- OR physically hand in your love letter at any of the Information desks of your campus libraries (remember to add your name and contact details to be eligible for a prize). We will also be displaying the letters in our libraries.
The winning love letters will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Originality of topic and creativity;
- Humour and Entertainment quality;
- Clarity of expression;
- Appropriateness to theme;
- Correctness and spelling.
Prizes sponsored by Bookmark:
- 10 x R500 Bookmark vouchers
- Ts & Cs apply. Winners will need to present their student cards when claiming the prize at the
- Marketing Office of the Merensky 2 Library.
Closing date of the competition: Wednesday 28 February 2018
Winners will be contacted via Messenger by Friday 2 March 2018
Target audience: University of Pretoria undergraduate and postgraduate students
Enquiries: [email protected]
Share this page
Last edited by Buyisiwe NkonyaneEdit