Constitutional Tribunal (Student Court)
- Justice for students by students -
“Fiat Justitia - let justice be done”
The Constitutional Tribunal (Student Court) is the judicial arm of student governance at the University of Pretoria. We function as an independent, impartial, and objective student court.
The Tribunal is the custodian of the University of Pretoria Constitution for Student Governance, which contains a justiciable 'Student Bill of Right'. This essentially means the Tribunal is responsible for the resolution of student disputes, inter society disputes, and SRC constitutional matters.
Judges also sit on the Disciplinary Committee for Students of the University of Pretoria.
‘Roadmap’ for this Site:
- To learn more about the structure, functions and role of the Tribunal: select ‘About Us’ in the menu above;
- To bring a case and/or to access forms for proceedings: select ‘About Us’ in the menu above;
- To access rule and regulations and other documents or information: select ‘About Us’ in the menu above;
- To see the profiles of and learn more about the current and previous Benches: see the sub-tabs under ‘Benches’ in the menu above;
- To find out more about applying to join the Bench (becoming a Judge): select ‘Apply to Join the Bench’ in the menu above;
- For any queries or questions: select ‘Contact Us’ in the menu above.
We hope that you will find what are looking for!