What is One Health?
One Health is a collaborative, multisectoral, and trans-disciplinary approach - working at local, regional, national, and global levels- to achieve optimal health and well-being outcomes recognising the interconnections between people, animals, plants and their shared environment.
The Charter of the One Health Commission
Educate and create networks to improve health outcomes and well-being of humans, animals and plants and to promote environmental resilience through a collaborative, global One Health approach.
The Commission will achieve this charter/ mission through:
- Connecting One Health Stakeholders
- Creating Strategic Networks / Partnerships
- Educating about One Health issues to support a paradigm shift in information sharing, active health interventions, collaborations, and demonstration project.
The One Health Commission's endeavours will be seen in the improved:
- Information Sharing / Networking
- Interdisciplinary Programs / Teams
- Interdisciplinary Programs/ Teams
- Disease Prevention / Interventions
- Approaches to Therapy
- Public Health
- Environmental and Plant Health
- Focused research on One Health issues
More content coming soon