We have experience in developing fast and sensitive methods for UPLC analysis of complex plant extracts. We have transferred analytical scale to semi-preparative scale with fraction collection into 96-well deep plates.
Our experience covers:
African geranium (Pelargonium sidoides) (1, 3), sold as Linctagon in South Africa and Umckaloabo in the EU and USA.
Anti-tuberculosis drugs in vitro (2).
Bee metabolites (4).
Black and green tea (Camellia sinensis) (5).
Runa tea (Illex guayusa) cultivated in Peru and sold in the USA.
Price list : Subject to quotation but generaly R 1 000 per instrument hour, minimum 4 hours.
Contact person : Prof Zeno Apostolides, [email protected]
1. Pereira, A.S.P., Bester, M.J. and Apostolides, Z., 2017. Exploring the anti-proliferative activity of Pelargonium sidoides DC with in silico target identification and network pharmacology. Molecular Diversity, pp.1-12.
2. Van Breda, S.V., Buys, A., Apostolides, Z., Nardell, E.A. and Stoltz, A.C., 2015. The antimicrobial effect of colistin methanesulfonate on Mycobacterium tuberculosis in vitro. Tuberculosis, 95(4), pp.440-446.
3. Pereira, A., Bester, M., Soundy, P. and Apostolides, Z., 2015. Activity-guided isolation and identification of the major antioxidant and anticancer compounds from a commercial Pelargonium sidoides tincture. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 24(11), pp.3838-3852.
4. Esther, E., Smit, S., Beukes, M., Apostolides, Z., Pirk, C.W. and Nicolson, S.W., 2015. Detoxification mechanisms of honey bees (Apis mellifera) resulting in tolerance of dietary nicotine. Scientific reports, 5, p.11779.
5. Owuor, P.O., Obanda, M., Nyirenda, H.E., Mphangwe, N.I., Wright, L.P. and Apostolides, Z., 2006. The relationship between some chemical parameters and sensory evaluations for plain black tea (Camellia sinensis) produced in Kenya and comparison with similar teas from Malawi and South Africa. Food chemistry, 97(4), pp.644-653.
6. In press.