Research/ academic work
- Developing, conducting, coordinating, and supporting research projects in the field of History education in Africa.
- Organising and participating in academic events related to History education, such as conferences, seminars, and summer schools.
- Publishing and promoting specialist publications of relevance to History education in Africa.
- Awarding recognition to outstanding academic research and teaching in the field.
Policy and practice
- Organising workshops and training for History education professionals as well as learners in Africa.
- Developing/ coordinating the development of (collaborative) innovative History teaching tools.
- Developing a portal with relevant online resources for History educators and policy-makers
- Promoting and coordinating a Network of African History School Clubs (NAHSC), run by teachers and learners who are members of the association.
- Providing expertise to professionals concerned with History education in Africa.
- Developing recommendations and policy briefs related to History education in Africa.
Communication and advocacy
- Disseminating information across the network through the association’s website and regular e-newsletters with updates on projects, activities, events and important developments in History education in Africa and beyond.
- Conducting public relations work and advocacy to increase awareness on the work of the association and of its members.