Below is a list of the research project which members of this busy department are currently involved in:
· Proff Ronél Ferreira & Liesel Ebersöhn –
- Supportive Teachers, Assets and Resilience (STAR): Ongoing project since 2003, partnering with teachers in supporting vulnerable communities and enhancing resilience
· Prof Ronél Ferreira –
- NRF: Coping with vulnerability: This project is an extension of the STAR intervention project, focusing on the manner in which voluntary care workers can assist communities in coping with vulnerability
· Prof Liesel Ebersöhn –
- Flourishing Learning Youth (FLY)
· Dr Salomé Human-Vogel –
- Mamelodi: Family oriented educational psychology intervention. The purpose of this project is to provide educational psychology intervention to vulnerable families in need of care.
· Dr Carien Lubbe-de Beer –
- NRF: Lesbian parent families: The overall project are focusing on exploring the lives of lesbian parent families and how they create and negotiate their family lives within a heteronormative society, considering the various risk and protective factors eminent in lesbian parent families in South Africa.
· Prof Kobus Maree –
o Career Adaptability (An Internasional project with 16 countries participating)
o NRF: Developing a brief quantitative-qualitative strategy to administer career counselling
o Assessing the viabllity of life designing in a group-based, international context. Italy.
o Young Tukkie-Project: Determining predictors of success of students at university
· Dr Kesh Mohangi –
- RDP: The psychosocial and emotional responses of adults who care for chiuldren in an institution
· Dr Vanessa Scherman –
- SANPAD: Exploring a monitoring and feedback system for the Foundation Phase: Innovations and developments to track learner performance. The purpose of the project is to further develop the South African Monitoring and Feedback System for Primary Schools (SAMP).