This presentation will comprise a discussion of the concept and value of Altmetrics, as well as an overview of the Altmetric system.
Presenter: Mr Ben McLeish
Prior to his role as the Director of Advocacy and Outreach at Digital Science since 2018, Ben was the European Sales Lead at Altmetric, also a Digital Science company, for four years. Ben has worked in academic publishing and information services since 2004. During his tenure at John Wiley & Sons and The American Chemical Society, he represented the introduction of the Summon Library Discovery Service in Northern Europe. Ben has also worked in TV and radio Media Monitoring in Australia, as well as CleanTech and Digital Media sector analysis.
Target audience: All students and staff
Registration: Please click here
Moderator and enquiries: Dr Johann van Wyk
Other webinars in this series include:
- Open Access publishing and Article Processing Charges
- Open Access: how to avoid the web of predatory publishers
- Open Access: how to upload theses and dissertations to UPSpace
- How to upload datasets onto the UP Research Data Repository (Figshare)
- Researcher Profiles and Tools to enhance research impact.