This presentation will comprise a comparison and analysis of the impact of UP articles published in paid-for journals versus UP articles published in open-access journals over the past five years.
Presenter: Mrs Sunette Steynberg
Sunette Steynberg is the Research Commons Co-ordinator for the Department of Library Services at the University of Pretoria. She specialises in Bibliometrics, the statistical analysis of academic research and prior art (patent) searching. She provides bibliometric support to the University Executive and the Departments of Institutional Planning and Research and Innovation.
Registration: Please click here
Target audience: All students and staff
Moderator and enquiries: Dr Johann van Wyk
Other webinars in this series include:
- Open Access publishing and Article Processing Charges
- Open Access: how to avoid the web of predatory publishers
- Open Access: how to upload theses and dissertations to UPSpace
- How to upload datasets onto the UP Research Data Repository (Figshare)
- Researcher Profiles and Tools to enhance research impact.