- The BRad degree, the Bachelor in Technology: Radiography or an equivalent qualification in the relevant field of specialisation.
- The candidate must have access to equipment and patients in a healthcare facility approved by the Department, for the purpose of undertaking work-integrated learning associated with the programme in which the student will be registered.
- The candidate must be registered as radiographer with the Health Professions Councils of South Africa (HPCSA) (for candidates who are South African Citizens).
- International students will be registered with the HPCSA as postgraduate students.
- Admission is subject to the approval of the head of department: with the proviso that a candidate must have obtained an average of more than 60% in the modules of his or her final year of the bachelor's degree study.
- Candidates who do not meet this requirement will be expected to pass the BRadHons bridging programme as stipulated by the Department.
- Successful completion of a research methodology module with a minimum credit weighting of 16 credits in the prerequisite degree.
All students must register for NVB 700 Research principles.
Also consult the General Regulations.
Examinations and pass requirements
Second examinations may be granted in modules not passed, according to the stipulations of the School of Healthcare Sciences in this regard.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained an average of at least 75% in all the modules for the degree.