||Faculty of Health Sciences
An approved elective, chosen in consultation with the head of the department.
• Themes from community nursing science and primary health care
• Themes from psychiatric nursing science and therapeutic conversations
• Themes from general medical nursing science
• Themes from general surgical nursing science
• Themes from hospital-based midwifery science
The availability of electives will depend on student interest and the availability of staff and training facilities. Students need to enquire about prospective electives before registering for this module.
Ten (10) credits of the above elective should include content on research-based practice (or a research project), contemporary practice issues, international nursing studies and ethical and legal aspects of health care practice within the chosen elective.
NB: Only selected BCur students may register for this module.
|Prerequisites ||NUR 351,NUR 352,NUR 353,NUR 354,DNP 351,DNP 352,DNP 353,DNP 354,NPE 361,NPE 362
||2 practicals per week, 4 lectures per week
|Language of tuition
||Module is presented in English
|Period of presentation