This module will be principle based and a lot of attention will be given to ensuring students have grasped and can apply the core principles, with emphasis on developing lifelong learners. Our aim is to equip students with sufficient base knowledge about tax to further upskill themselves as tax legislation changes or as they move into a tax specialist role in future.
Provisions from the following Acts are included in the syllabus:
- The Income Tax Act, 1962 (Act 58 of 1962);
- The Estate Duty Act, 1955 (Act 45 of 1955);
- The Value-Added Tax Act, 1991 (Act 89 of 1991);
- The Tax Administration Act, 2011 (Act 28 of 2011).
- The Transfer Duty Act, 1949 (Act 49 of 1949); and
- The Securities Transfer Tax Act, 2007 (Act 25 of 2007).