THE STUDENT DISCIPLINARY ADVISORY PANEL
'Aimed at protecting the interest of accused students'
Our Purpose and Function
The Student Disciplinary Advisory Panel (SDAP) is an SRC (Student Representative Council) mandated organisation tasked with assisting students with procedural advice whenever a student is facing disciplinary action. Our team of expert ultimate or penultimate law students will be assisting you in the disciplinary process.
It is pertinent to note that we DO NOT provide legal advice nor do we represent students in a disciplinary hearing. We advise students on what to expect from the disciplinary process and hearing. All autonomy and agency will remain with the student in making a decision about their disciplinary options. We exist to ensure that the disciplinary process is adhered to in order to protect the integrity of the students and the process.
Junior Jurists Program
The Student Disciplinary Advisory Panel has a Junior Jurist Outreach Program that aims to expose previously disadvantages learners to the field of law. We have conducted numerous outreach programs throughout our existence to give learners an opportunity to participate in mock courts. The program provides learners with the necessary incentive to pursue a career in law and provides them with the necessary exposure that they would otherwise not have.
Information and Guidance
Students requiring assistance may contact an SDAP Member for a personal meeting during their consultation hours where we shall:
- Provide an overview and detailed explanation on the entire disciplinary process;
- Answer any questions regarding the process that will be taken against you as the procedure unfolds;
- Provide information on what the student can expect when a student decides to plead guilty or not guilty;
- Advise the student about the procedure to appeal a decision made by the Disciplinary Committee; and
- Ensure that your case is handled confidentially and professionally.