The Department of Student Affairs runs the First Year Experience Programme (FYE) – this programme runs throughout the academic calendar year to assist first-year students to achieve success by tackling the challenges and key issues dealt with during their first academic year.
Key themes within the FYE Programme include:
- Welcoming to the UP community
- Self-efficacy and goal setting, time management, planning & navigating the first year and beyond
- Safety in and around UP campuses
- Physical health, including fitness and nutrition
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
- Financial wellness, values and money
- Social cohesion, human rights and the anti-discrimination policy
- Gender based violence and the Sexual harassment policy
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
The programme will be rolled out in stages through a variety of interventions centred around UP’s hybrid learning model. This will include online interactions, seminars, events and other activities. You will be exposed to a variety of value-added services offerings provided by the DSA throughout the experience to encourage your personal and professional growth and well-being.
Check-in on this page for more information as we roll out the First Year Experience!