2003 - B. Communication Pathology, University of Pretoria.
2010 - M. Communication Pathology, University of Pretoria.
2018 - DPhil (Communication Pathology), University of Pretoria (submitted August 2018)
Academic and Professional Membership
Member - Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
Member - South African Association of Audiologists (SAAA)
Access to care
Telehealth and mHealth
Newborn hearing screening
- Louw, C., Swanepoel, D. W., Eikelboom, R. H., & Myburgh, H. C. (2017). Smartphone-based hearing screening at primary health care clinics. Ear & Hearing, 38(2), 93-100.
- Louw, C., Swanepoel, D. W., Eikelboom, R. H., & Hugo, J. (2018). Prevalence of hearing loss at primary health care clinics in South Afirca. African Health Sciences, 18(2), 313-20.
- Louw, C., Swanepoel, D. W., & Eikelboom, R. H. (accepted August 2018). Self-reported hearing loss and pure tone audiometry for screening at primary health care clinics. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health.
- Louw, C., Swanepoel, D., Eikelboom, R. H., Myburgh, H. C., & Hugo, J. (2018). Hearing loss at primary health care clinics in underserved communities in South Africa: Prevalence and novel detection approach. Paper to be presented at the 34th World Congress of Audiology in Cape Town, October 2018.
- Louw, C. (2011). The feasibility of the VivosonicTM Auditory Brainstem Response device in cerebral palsy children. Master's thesis and poster presentation at British Academy of Audiology.
Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Communication Pathology Building
Tel: 012 420 2490
Email: [email protected]