- A relevant bachelor’s degree with a directly related major or modules in Gender Studies
- An average of at least 70% at final-year level is required in the major/field of specialisation
- An admissions essay may be required
- In certain cases additional modules will be required.
- Students with an average of between 68% and 70% in the major/field of specialisation could be considered for admission under special conditions. Apply to the programme manager.
Other programme-specific information
- Select two elective modules from the available list.
- Not all modules are offered in any given year. Please consult the programme manager in this regard.
- IPL 752 and PTO 751 are only available to students with International Relations or Politics or a directly related first degree major.
University of Pretoria Programme Qualification Mix (PQM) verification project
The higher education sector has undergone an extensive alignment to the Higher Education Qualification Sub-Framework (HEQF) across all institutions in South Africa. In order to comply with the HEQSF, all institutions are legally required to participate in a national initiative led by regulatory bodies such as the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), the Council on Higher Education (CHE), and the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The University of Pretoria is presently engaged in an ongoing effort to align its qualifications and programmes with the HEQSF criteria. Current and prospective students should take note that changes to UP qualification and programme names, may occur as a result of the HEQSF initiative. Students are advised to contact their faculties if they have any questions.