Understand the different types of analytical techniques. Distinguish between numerous analytical techniques and their applications. Apply the theory to real analytical data. Techniques covered are:
- Imaging (SEM, TEM, EDX/WDX, EELS, EBSD and FIB, confocal microscopy, optical microscopy, AFM)
- Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis, Raman, etc.)
- Chromatography (LC, GC, ICP, and the corresponding hyphenated techniques)
- Thermal analysis (TG, DSC, DTA, DMA, Thermomat, etc.)
- XRD, XRF, etc.
- Miscellaneous (Particle size, density, porosity and BET surface area, rheology, etc.