- Honours degree in Gender Studies or honours degree in Sociology with relevant modules or honours degree with specialisation in a relevant social science
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% for the honours degree
- Research component passed at honours level
- An admissions essay may be required
Note: Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
- SOC 751 and GNR 751 or SOC 756 or similar modules in research methodology, gender studies and/or social theory are required.
- Prospective students may be required to submit an admissions essay or to sit for an examination or to do additional modules to enable them to reach the desired level of study.
- An acceptable level of proficiency in English or Afrikaans is required.
- Students with an average between 68% and 70% could be considered for admission under special conditions. Apply to the programme manager.
Other programme-specific information
- Choose either GNR 861 or SOC 861 as a core module.
- Choose one elective module.
- GNR 861 and SOC 861 can be chosen as elective if not already selected as a core module.
- Not all modules are offered in any given year. Contact the programme manager in this regard.