The degree comprises the writing of a mini dissertation and coursework.
Full particulars of the degree programme are contained in a brochure which is available from the departmental website.
- Relevant honours (or equivalent) degree
- Relevant postgraduate diploma
Refer to General Regulation G.55.
NB: All modules are compulsory. Candidates must pass all the modules, including the mini dissertation, to qualify for the MPhil degree.
Other programme-specific information
- The minimum pass mark for each prescribed course is 50%, provided that a subminimum of 45% has been obtained in the examined component.
- In the case of methodology modules, credit for the module will be obtained through an exam. Exam entry is contingent on adequate progress with the online component of the work, and a subminimum of 45% must be obtained in the examination.
- In the case of thematic understanding modules, students must have obtained a minimum of 50% for assignment submissions.
- A candidate who has failed more than two courses may not continue with their studies for the degree, except with the approval of the Dean.