The Postgraduate Diploma (Theology and Ministry) aims to offer advanced theological knowledge and practical skills that meet the needs of the ministry. Church-specific training and formation are offered in co-operation with the church partners involved.
A three-year theological tertiary qualification (NQF Level 7).
Examinations and pass requirements
- Examinations are scheduled according to the examination timetable set by the Dean.
- The supplementary examinations will take place according to a timetable set by the Dean.
- A student will be allowed to a supplementary examination in a maximum of three modules. The examination will take place according to a timetable set by the Dean.
Pass with distinction
The diploma is conferred with distinction on a student who obtains a weighted average of 75% (GPA) in all the prescribed modules provided that not one module had been failed previously and that the programme was completed within the minimum prescribed period.
Information on modules
- If a module does not attract enough student registrations to be presented economically, the Dean may decide to withdraw it. Students will be advised in time of such decisions in order to register for an alternative module.
- The timetable of lectures must be consulted.
- A student may, with the consent of the Dean, exceed the number of modules per study year by two semester modules or one year module.