Depending upon their interest and area of specialisation, students may choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Ancient Culture Studies: AKG 890 Dissertation: Ancient culture studies
Option 2: Biblical Languages: AKG 891 Dissertation: Biblical languages
Option 3: Classical Languages: AKG 892 Dissertation: Classical languages
Option 4: Greek: GRK 890 Dissertation: Greek
Option 5: Latin: LAT 890 Dissertation: Latin
Option 6: Semitic Languages: AKG 893 Dissertation: Semitic languages
- An appropriate honours degree from UP with an average of 70% (applicants from other universities might be exempted from this requirement, subject to the approval of the relevant supervisor); or
- An appropriate equivalent qualification accredited by the Council on Higher Education – in which case students may be required to pass an exam in their chosen area of specialisation to the satisfaction of the head of department before they can register for the programme.
- A research proposal must be submitted for approval before the end of the first year of study.
- An acceptable level of proficiency in English or Afrikaans.
- A research proposal must be handed in for approval before the end of the first year of study.