All UP first-year students, parents and guardians are invited to Welcome Day on Saturday 26 January 2019 in the Rembrandt Hall on the UP Hillcrest Campus in South Street, Hatfield, Pretoria. Two identical sessions will be held, and you are invited to attend the specific session for the faculty in which you are registered, as indicated in the list below. Please attend only the session indicated for your faculty, and arrive at least 30 minutes before the start, as there is limited seating available.
Students registered in or accepted into the Faculties of Economic and Management Sciences, Education, Theology and Religion, Humanities, and Law: Your session starts at 08:00.
Students registered in or accepted into the Faculties of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology, Natural and Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Science and Health: Your session starts at 11:30.
Important things to note:
- Students are permitted a maximum of two guests.
- Secure parking is available on the campus grounds.
- Seats in the Rembrandt Hall are limited.
- Guests are to be seated at least 30 minutes before the procession starts.
- Refreshments will be available an hour before your session starts.
- The Welcome Day session will be livestreamed to venues outside Rembrandt Hall to accommodate a possible overflow of guests, and will also be streamed on the University's website and Facebook page.
- Please keep a close watch on the University’s official channels, such as the UP website (www.up.ac.za) and the UP Facebook and Twitter pages, for any changes to the schedule and for more information on registration and orientation.
- Full registration services – including submission of contracts, collection of student cards, payments, and other services – will be available at Hillcrest campus from 8am to 2pm.
- Directions to the Hillcrest campus can be found here.
- The event programme is below. The programme will be identical in both sessions, and you should please attend only the session for your faculty as indicated in the list above.
Welcome and introduction: Prof. Caroline Nicholson (Registrar)
Address by Vice-Chancellor and Principal Prof. Tawana Kupe
Introduction of Student Representative Council: Mr David Kabwa, SRC President
We look forward to seeing you!