The Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering’s commitment to quality is aligned with University of Pretoria’s status as one of the top research universities in the world and one of the foremost providers of high-level intellectual capital. Furthermore, we are renowned for our unique approach to innovation and design, as well as our international status and links with industry, which gives us a competitive advantage in international technology development.
The Department frequently adjusts its under- and postgraduate training to ensure a unique contribution to the training of high-level human resources demanded both nationally and internationally. Your decision to register at this Department may change your life: you are taking the first step towards an exceptional career-oriented and academic training, and you are committing yourself to life-long learning, continued personal growth and service to the community. You will learn to:
Prof JP Meyer
- equip yourself with specialist knowledge, insights and skills
- develop skills that are in demand in both the South African and the international labour market
- develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- do research
- make responsible specialist decisions, and
- talk and write confidently about your chosen field as an expert.
Head of Department