JT Grade 12 Preparation Conference
The Grade 12 Preparation Conference is hosted by the JuniorTukkie Office of the Department of Enrolment and Student Administration. The top 200 JuniorTukkie academic achievers who have been conditionally admitted for studies at the University of Pretoria in 2020, will be invited to attend the Grade 12 Preparation Conference from Saturday, 21 September 2019 to Tuesday, 24 September 2019 in preparation of their final school year end-examination and tertiary studies. This Conference is supported by Investec.
The costs of accommodation, meals and activities during the Conference are sponsored by the University of Pretoria. Members of the JuniorTukkie Society (senior students) assist where necessary.
A comprehensive programme are put together annually and we focus on a broad range of Grade 12 and tertiary topics as well as exciting physical activities. The programme includes the following:
- a creativity workshop by Roarrr Adventures;
- teambuilding activities;
- visits to the faculties where learners will be given the opportunity to ask faculty-specific questions;
- matric enrichment sessions that will be presented by outstanding teachers in Mathematics, Physical Science and Accounting;
- assistance by staff members from the Department of Enrolment and Student Administration regarding awards, bursaries, loans, residence placement, security on campuses, student affairs and student financial readiness;
- eye screening tests (Ster-Kinekor and Spec-Savers support the Preparation Conference);
- a combined Gautrain excursion and visit to Investec, the main sponsor of the Conference;
- a visit to the Hans Merensky Library on the Hatfield Campus; and
- an Experilab show.
Share this page
Last edited by Martha KilianEdit