The Erasmus+ ICM @ UNIBO is a project funded by the European Union in the framework of the Erasmus + International Credit Mobility programme. It offers the chance to get a scholarship to spend an exchange study/research period at the University of Bologna in Italy.
WHERE: University of Bologna, Italy www.unibo.it
WHEN: UNIBO spring semester, February 2020 – July 2020. Exact dates will be agreed with selected students. Grantees will be contacted by the University of Bologna during the month of December 2019 for the organization of their mobility.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- be a Bachelor, Master or PhD student enrolled at the University of Pretoria for the whole mobility period;
- do not have already enjoyed an Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility period in Europe for more than 6 months at the same study level (Bachelor; Master; PhD);
- for Bachelor candidates, when the mobility starts students must have already developed 1 year of higher education studies in order to be eligible;
- all the field of study are available, except for the field of Medicine which is not open to exchange;
- if the courses you are applying for are taught in Italian, students must hold a sufficient knowledge of Italian allowing to attend classes and seat exams successfully.
- Individual support: 850€ per month calculated on the exact number of days spent at the University of Bologna. Mobility period is decided by the Host Institution.
- Travel: 1 round trip booked directly by the University of Bologna.
- 2 positions for 6 months
- 1 position for 5 months
STUDY OPPORTUNITIES AT UNIBO:
Undergraduate and Master programmes catalogue: https://www.unibo.it/en/teaching/degree-programmes
Undergraduate and Master Course unit catalogue: https://www.unibo.it/en/teaching/course-unit-catalogue
- First cycle degree programmes refer to Bachelor programmes
- Second cycle degree programmes refer to Master programmes
- Single-cycle degree/Combined Bachelor and Master programmes refer to programmes of long duration (5 years) bringing directly to a Master degree
- Languages of tuition: the University of Bologna offers programmes taught in Italian but also many programmes taught in English. Check the language carefully.
RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES AT UNIBO:
List of PhD programmes: https://www.unibo.it/en/teaching/phd/2019-2020#!
Interested PhD scholars can also liaise with professors outside the PhD programmes and agree on a research plan that will be recognized in the framework of their PhD activities.
List of Departments: https://www.unibo.it/en/university/campuses-and-structures/departments
Submit to Itumeleng Njoro - [email protected] by 25/11/2019 the following documents:
- Copy of passport (if not available, attach your national ID)
- Application form
- Transcript of Records
- Only PhD scholars and students willing to come for research activities only: a support letter from a UNIBO professor confirming s/he is willing to host the scholar in the case s/he is awarded the scholarship.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR DOUBTS OR QUERIES:
@UP: Itumeleng Njoro - [email protected]
@UNIBO: Livia Mercatelli – [email protected]