The ICD is responsible for pre-care, in care and post-care of non-RSA citizens who intend to enrol for studies at the University of Pretoria.
Services offered by the ICD:
– application and admission
– medical cover in South Africa
- mainstream undergraduate and/or postgraduate assistance in all areas of student life
- exchange students
- study abroad students
- elective students
- immigration issues
The ICD provides the following information:
- International Information Brochure (read more at link to Information Brochure.pdf)
- International Guide for staff (read more at link to Staff Guide.pdf)
- Annual information packs to all prospective and registered students on
– medical cover
- Categorising the student correctly to prevent inaccurate amounts debited to student accounts.
- Effective orientation including
– accommodation rules and regulations;
– safety and security;
– medical issues;
– student support; and
– banking in South Africa.
- Registration processes – relevant and effective information and assistance concerning
– immigration; and
– medical cover.
- In-care services also include
– student access cards;
– UPI (University of Pretoria International Student Organisation);
– International Day; and
– social events.
Keeping in touch with international students after their departure from UP and/or South Africa is essential, especially regarding exchange students to ensure that positive relationships with collaboration partners are maintained.
The University of Pretoria is recognised for its high standards in research and teaching and is committed to maintaining these standards. Enquiries regarding partner institutions abroad can be made at:
Email: [email protected]