The services offered by this division are divided between Faculties and Support Services Departments. Each area is supported by a Deputy Director and several HR Business Partners.
The services offered by the HR Business Partners and their teams, as first line advice and support to the Deans of Faculties and Directors of Support Service Departements, include the following:
- Administration and support of recruitment by means of advertising, applicant screening and capturing and logistical management of selection and appointment processes of Faculties.
- HR compliance services
- Organisation development including interventions and job description support
- Remuneration and benefits services (including job evaluations, annual merit increases and annual once-off performance bonuses)
- Employee assistance
- HIV/Aids services
- Performance development management and succession services (including probation, competency development, exit management)
- Employment equity services
- Learning and development services, including orientation
- Skills development services, including learnerships and internships
- Employment relations services, including grievance and disciplinary matters