Once you have completed the course, you will:
- Know how to set up and use R-studio for satellite image data processing and analysis i.e., do basic programming
- Carry out satellite image pre-processing (including atmospheric correction) in R-studio and assess image quality using image statistics in R-studio
- Carry out supervised classification using different machine learning algorithms on a series of raster layers and to do validation of the classification results
- Carry out linear and linear non-parametric methods to make estimations and/or predictions of terrestrial biophysical variables like the Leaf area index (LAI), Chlorophyll, and Fractional Vegetation Cover.
- Carry out statistical analysis of error for various modeling scenarios
For more information please visit https://www.enterprises.up.ac.za/remote-sensing-data-analysis-in-r-studio-a-machine-learning-perspective-4.