Thuthuka Education Upliftment Fund
The Thuthuka Education Upliftment Fund is a successful multi-sector partnership between the private sector and various arms of government (Departments of Labour, Education, Science and Technology) aimed at ensuring disadvantaged youth with potential are able to become chartered accountants.
Requirements for application of the Thuthuka bursary
- The learner must be an African or Coloured South African Citizen
- The learner must obtain at least 60% for Mathematics at the end of Grade 11 to apply, NOT MATHS LITERACY.
- The learner must be in Grade12 intending on studying BCom Accounting the following year to become a chartered accountant.
- The learner must be financially needy, apply for NSFAS, and will be assessed using NSFAS MEANS TEST to confirm financial need.
The Process of Awarding a Bursary
- The learner must have applied to or be in the process of applying to the University of Pretoria
- Once the learner has met the above criteria they will be called in for testing, which may be followed by an interview. Provisional awards are made pending the final Grade 12 results.