Dear Clients of the OVAH
We sincerely hope that you and your animals are keeping well!
Level 2 allows the OVAH to continue to render all services, including the sale of medication and pet food. Our outpatient clinic is open, as are our specialist small animal clinics (internal medicine, surgery, dentistry and reproduction) – please call and make a prior appointment.
Our farm and wildlife veterinarians are available to attend to all call-outs as well as see cases that are brought to the hospital – please call and make a prior appointment.
To make an appointment please dial 086 100 8387 and follow the prompts. If you know the clinic or office extension then you may dial it directly (the 4 digit extension is always preceded by 012 529…)
Please adhere strictly to the following:
- Make a prior appointment for your animal unless it is an emergency.
- Limit the trip to the minimum number of people required to control the animal.
- Do not attend an appointment if you:
- have a high temperature, a sore throat or have developed a cough in the past two weeks;
- are suspected to have, or have been diagnosed to have, the Covid-19 infection, or are in a self-isolation period;
- have been in close contact with anyone who has been suspected to have, or who has been diagnosed to have, the Covid-19 infection.
If you are in good health, please:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you leave home to come to us
- Wear a mask at all times. In accordance with COVID-19 regulations, we may not allow you on our premises if you are not wearing a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Use the automated hand sanitiser at the main hospital entrance when you enter and leave the premises.
- Note that we will take your temperature before you enter the hospital. Should it be above the recommended maximum of 37.3, we will take it again and if it remains high, we will ask you to go back to your car. We will then arrange for someone to assist you further.
- Please try to keep a distance of 1.5 metres from other people and avoid making physical contact.
You are welcome to complete a COVID-19 pre-screening by means of the HealthCheck tool, before travelling to us. This tool is already utilised daily by staff and students who enter the Faculty of Veterinary Science campus. You can access it on the following platforms:
Your support and cooperation is greatly appreciated!
Updated: 4 June 2021