Advanced Human Rights Course: The Right to Development in Africa
19/08/2019 - 23/08/2019
8:00 to 17:00
The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, will host a one-week intensive short course on the right to development in Africa.
About the course
The course covers issues such as:
- Theories of development
- Right to development in Africa
- International financial institutions and the right to development
- Development and Aid: The obligation to provide assistance
- Transnational Cooperations and other non-state actors and the right to development
- Food, development and security in Africa
- Governance, anti-corruption and development and
- Foreign debt and its effect on development.
The course fee is ZAR 3 000.00 (US $ 450). This covers tuition, course materials, teas and lunch and excludes transport and accommodation costs.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. Applicants must indicate on the online application form whether they wish to apply for a scholarship and provide sufficient motivation substantiating why they require financial assistance. Applicants must also indicate whether they would still like to be considered for admission in the event that they are not granted a scholarship.
Applicants are required to apply online for this course.
Deadline for applications:
SADC applicants: 12 August 2019
International applicants: 5 August 2019
For more information, please contact:
Mr Dennis Antwi
Project Manager: Advanced Human Rights Courses (AHRC)
Tel: +27 (0) 12 420 4197
Contact: Dennis -Tel: +27 (0) 12 420 4197 | Email: [email protected]