- Relevant master’s degree
- A weighted average of at least 65% for the research component of the master’s degree
- An admissions essay/examination may be required
- Afrikaans language proficiency as determined by a proficiency test
Note: Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
- Daar kan van voornemende studente verwag word om ’n toelatingsopstel in te dien of ’n eksamen te skryf of om addisionele modules te doen wat hulle in staat stel om die verwagte vlak van studie te bereik.
- ’n Aanvaarbare vlak van taalvaardigheid in Afrikaans of Engels is ’n vereiste.
- ’n Goedgekeurde navorsingsvoorstel word vereis.
University of Pretoria Programme Qualification Mix (PQM) verification project
The higher education sector has undergone an extensive alignment to the Higher Education Qualification Sub-Framework (HEQF) across all institutions in South Africa. In order to comply with the HEQSF, all institutions are legally required to participate in a national initiative led by regulatory bodies such as the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), the Council on Higher Education (CHE), and the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The University of Pretoria is presently engaged in an ongoing effort to align its qualifications and programmes with the HEQSF criteria. Current and prospective students should take note that changes to UP qualification and programme names, may occur as a result of the HEQSF initiative. Students are advised to contact their faculties if they have any questions.