The modules in this subject extend over the third, fourth and fifth years of study. Lectures, practical and clinical work, seminars and discussions on the following:
- Basic principles and therapeutic measures.
- Occlusion: development and morphology.
- Development and growth: cranium.
- Stainless steel: properties and uses.
- Orthodontic devices: requirements and types.
- Changes in tissue.
- Malocclusion: classification and aetiology.
- Examination, aids, diagnosis and planning.
- Bad habits.
- Preventive and interceptive orthodontics.
- Treatment: principles, problems with space, methods.
- The role of extraction.