Also refer to G Regulations G.16 to G.29 and G.54.
- A BScLArch degree or an equivalent university degree; or an applicable tertiary qualification that includes relevant modules at NQF level 7 (or NQF level 6 for qualifications obtained before 2009).
- The departmental Postgraduate Committee may require an evaluation in fields of knowledge (including relevant computer skills) and registration for additional modules for non-degree purposes.
- Applicants who completed the BScLArch at the University of Pretoria with a minimum of 70% average in the final year of study (including 70% for design in the final year) and completed all third-year modules in the same academic year, will be granted admission after a year of practical experience. A portfolio of visual work must be submitted.
- All other applicants must have practical experience and/or a record of an extended study excursion, and are interviewed for selection.
- A limited number of applicants are admitted to this programme. Refer to the departmental website for guidelines.
Other programme-specific information
Awarding of degree
The degree is awarded to those students who have obtained the prescribed credits. Students admitted with conditions must comply with all of these before all 700 series module credits and the degree are awarded.
Examinations and pass requirements
The minimum pass mark is 50%. A minimum of 40% is required in the examination, with a minimum final mark of 50% to pass. If a module is not evaluated by examination a minimum coursework mark of 50% is required. If the module is not evaluated by coursework a minimum examination mark of 50% is required.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction if students registered for the degree for the first time, complete the degree within the minimum prescribed time and pass all modules with a weighted average of 75%.