Students will be exposed to the fundamental principles underlying human behaviour. The module is offered in three different parts:
Part 1: Professional Practice
- Background and understanding of Industrial Psychologist roles and practices.
- Collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Improving competence and skills as an Industrial Psychologist
- Professional development,
Part 2: Work-Related Psychopathology
- The diagnosis of workplace related psychopathology (e.g. stress and burnout) and general psychopathology (e.g. depression, psychological trauma). Know the signs, symptoms and know when to refer and the relevant referral options.
- Know and understand the physical and psychological health challenges that impact on employee wellness/well-being and how to apply models of intervention.
Part 3: Career Psychology
- Career counselling interventions,
- Life skills and career development.
- Career development for South Africa (Indigenous Knowledge Systems)