See General Regulation G.31.
The Dean has the right of authorisation regarding matters not provided for in the General Regulations or the GIBS regulations.
Prescribed modules, LEAD 1 and 2, a compulsory research project (which has to be completed in the final year of study) and a compulsory international tour are required.
The language of tuition for the MBA is English.
In the event of deferral of studies due to extenuating circumstances, a student must complete the degree one year after the graduation of his/her cohort class. Failure to complete the degree within this period will disqualify a student from further registration. Any student who fails more than two core modules will be deregistered from the programme.
- A bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification is required for admission to the MBA degree studies.
- A pass in Mathematics at Grade 12-level or another qualification in Mathematics or Statistics or Mathematical Statistics deemed adequate by the Dean of the Institute.
- Work experience deemed adequate and applicable by the Dean of the Institute.
- The Dean of the Institute may set additional admission requirements.
- Candidates will be subjected to a selection process.
Other programme-specific information
Students are required to complete 5 electives of 6 credits each during the final year of study. More information on electives will be shared in class.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The minimum pass mark for each module is 50%, provided that a subminimum of 45% has been obtained in the examination. The minimum pass mark for the research project is 50%.
- A candidate who has failed more than two core modules may not continue his studies for the MBA degree, except with the approval of the Dean of the Institute. Such a student may appeal the decision with the GIBS Academic Committee. If the Academic Committee rules in favour of re-admission of the student for the next academic year due to extenuating circumstances, the student may be granted credits for modules.
- Should a candidate fail an elective module, he/she may repeat the elective module or an equivalent as determined by the Dean of the Institute.
- Full attendance, and completion and assessment of all requirements, are necessary for the Global module and Business strategy courses.