This is a coursework master's programme, with six modules and a mini-dissertation.
- BCom Honours degree in Human Resource Management or Labour Relations Management or equivalent with an average of at least 65%;
- At least 65% for the research component on Honours level.
- A candidate may be refused admission to a master’s degree by the relevant head of the department if he/she does not comply with the standard of competence in the subject as determined by the department – with the proviso that a candidate who does not comply with the required level of competence, may be admitted, provided that he/she completes additional study assignments and/or examinations.
- The relevant head of department may set additional admission requirements.
- Specific departments have specific requirements for admission.
- The number of students will be determined in line with the growth strategy of the University of Pretoria as approved by the Executive.
- The diversity profile of students will be aligned with the UP diversity objectives.
Other programme-specific information
The pass mark for the mini-dissertation is 50%. The provisions regarding pass requirements for dissertations, contained in General Regulation G.12.2, apply mutatis mutandis to mini-dissertations. A pass mark of at least 50% is required in the examination of each module.
For examination purposes, a student must, in consultation with the supervisor, submit a sufficient number of bound copies of the mini-dissertation or research article, printed on good quality paper and of good letter quality to the postgraduate administrator at the relevant department. Permission to submit the mini-dissertation or research article in unbound form may be obtained from the supervisor concerned on condition that a copy of the final approved dissertation is presented to the examiners in bound format or electronic format.
In addition to the copies already mentioned, each successful student must submit a bound paper copy as well as two electronic copies of the approved dissertation to the Head: Student Administration in the format specified by the faculty and in accordance with the minimum standards set by the Department of Library Services, before 15 February for the Autumn graduation ceremonies and before 15 July for the Spring graduation ceremonies, failing which the degree will only be conferred during a subsequent series of graduation ceremonies.
Pass with distinction
In order to be awarded the degree with distinction, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Obtain a Grade Point Average of at least 75% including at least 75% in the mini-dissertation;
- Complete the degree/diploma within the minimum period prescribed;
- Only the final mark of the first attempt to pass the modules or dissertation will be considered and
- The GPA will be not be rounded up to a whole number.