Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar.
The programme consists of compulsory modules and elective modules. Students may register for modules to the maximum of 20 credits presented by another department, which forms part of the elective modules.
The following fields are presented in the BScHons in Plant Science programme:
- Plant Diversity (D)
- Plant Biotechnology/Physiology (PB)
- Plant Ecology (E)
- Option: Medicinal Plant Science
Apart from the compulsory and elective modules, a project, leading to a research report (60 credits), forms an essential part of the training programme. One seminar (15 credits) must also be written and presented. Field excursions are undertaken.
In addition to the compulsory modules, electives are selected in consultation with the supervisor.
Suitably qualified candidates may also apply for the interdepartmental BScHons in Biotechnology degree (Code 02240392) with a supervisor in the Department of Plant Science.
Please consult Prof P Bloomer, Tel: +27 12 420 3259, for further details
Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar
Renewal of registration
- Subject to exceptions approved by the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department, and in the case of distance education where the Dean formulates the stipulations that will apply, a student may not sit for an examination for the honours degree more than twice in the same module.
- A student for an honours degree must complete his or her study, in the case of full-time students, within two years and, in the case of after-hours students, within three years of first registering for the degree and, in the case of distance education students, within the period stipulated by the Dean. Under special circumstances, the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department, may give approval for a limited extension of this period.
In calculating marks, General Regulation G.12.2 applies.
Apart from the prescribed coursework, a research project is an integral part of the study.
BSc in Plantkunde, of 'n aanbeveling van die hoof van die departement indien die kandidaat nie in Plantkunde gespesialiseer het nie. Voorkeur sal aan aansoekers met die hoogste finale graad punt gemiddeld vir hul voorafgaande graad gegee word, en kwalifiserende kandidate kan aan 'n toelatings eksamen onderwerp word. Toegang is verder afhanklik van die beskikbaarheid van studieleiers en / of navorsingsprojekte binne die deelnemende departemente.
Ander programspesifieke inligting
- BOT 705 and BTW 701 are for BScHons (Biotechnology) students. PB students who wish to take one of these modules as an elective need to apply to the programme leader.
- BOT 790 is for BScHons (Wildlife Management) students.
The curriculum for the balance of the credits will be determined by the heads of department of the interdepartmental BScHons (Biotechnology) degree programme.
Slaag met lof
The BScHons degree is awarded with distinction to a candidate who obtains a weighted average of at least 75% in all the prescribed modules and a minimum of 65% in any one module.