- An approved honours degree (or other comparable tertiary qualification – with the approval of Senate) worth 120 credits in a language linguistics or a language-related discipline.
- An average of at least 65% for the honours degree is required for all students enrolling for this programme.
- An average of at least 65% in the admissions test (for more information, see the UP website).
• The chosen language pair must include either English or Afrikaans (it may include both).
• The choice of the other language is dependent on whether it can be accommodated in a specific year.
Other programme-specific information
- TRL 851: Compulsory for students who wish to do their mini-dissertation with a focus on translation.
- Prior experience at honours level is required if students wish to take TRL 800, TRL 801, TRL 802, TRL 810.