Brian O’Connell Scholarship Programme 2017 – closing date 1 September 2017
SANORD is committed to re-direct member fees to member institutions through a funding Programme that enhances student mobility and research.
SANORD is sponsoring PARTIAL scholarship opportunities of R84 000 per applicant. Students from a SANORD member Southern African institution of higher education and research will be required to spend 3 to 5 months at a SANORD Nordic member institution. Successful candidates are expected to engage in activities that will support the completion of the Master’s degree. The scholarship funds will be disbursed during the 2018 academic year.
1. Should be enrolled for a Masters’ degree at a SANORD member Southern Africa Institution.
2. Must utilize the required knowledge to contribute towards Southern Africa’s development.
3. Must be committed to return to the home institution to graduate.
4. Must provide a written Letter of Acceptance from the HOST institution.
5. Must provide evidence (Letter of support) that the HOME supervisor and the relevant Dean of the faculty support your stay at the host institution.
6. Must sign a binding contract with the SANORD Central Office (SCO) in line with the objectives of the programme.
7. Must submit a report on return from the home institution to share experiences gained.
Applicants should do the following:
1. Consult the SANORD Contact Person at your institution to get all the relevant information you will need for your application. The Contact person will assist you to select a preferred institution who has an active Student Exchange agreement and/or a Memorandum of Understanding with your home institution. (Contact person will be the one circulating the Call)
2. Your home supervisor must engage with the host supervisor to establish if they are willing to host you for the duration of your stay. If the host agrees, a written Letter of Invite/Acceptance should be obtained from the host supervisor as proof.
3. Both institutions must support your application. A letter of support from your home institution, signed by your supervisor and Head of Department (HOD) must be submitted with your application.
4. The funds will be paid over to your home university’s faculty account. The faculty supervisor will be responsible to make the funds available and to assist with all your travel arrangements.
5. You will be responsible to communicate your travel plans to SANORD Central Office timeously to ensure that the funds are available to you in time for your travel.
Please note: All international payments are done through the South African Reserve Bank and can take up to 2 months.
Please view the names of Contact Persons and institutions, and select a suitable institution from the list provided.
Students must provide a budget for the costs that will be incurred to the value of R84 000.
• A total amount of R 84 000 could cover the following costs:
- A return, economy class airline ticket.
- A living allowance
- Insurance for the period
- Tuition fees (if fees are not subsidized by host)
All applications must be submitted online at https://form.myjotform.com/71561759960568
An email will automatically be sent to [email protected]
Due date for applications -1 September 2017.
Announcement date - 30 September 2017.
1. Complete application form with all required fields.
2. Letter of Approval from your home institution signed by Supervisor and HOD
3. Letter of Invite from host supervisor
4. Passport with sufficient pages that will not expire within six months
Please contact the SANORD Coordinator at UP Ms Louise Euthimiou,
email:[email protected]p.ac.za or tel nr 012 420 3237 or arrange an appointment to further discuss the opportunities and programme.
Share this page
Last edited by George NjoroEdit