Research within the Department is supported and funded by industry, including:
- Minerals Education Trust Fund (METF)
- Kumba-Exxaro Chair in Geodynamics
- Water Research Commission (WRC)
- Karoo Research Initiative (KARIN).
Research output is further based on postgraduation education and training through close working relationships with, for instance:
- UP Natual Hazards Centre, Africa (UPNHCA)
- UP Water Institute (UPWI)
- South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage (SACCCS)
- Parastatals (e.g. Council for Geoscience; CSIR; Mintek)
- Professional bodies and registrars
- Partners in industry
- South African Committee for Stratigraphy (SACS).
Share this page
Last edited by Matthys DippenaarEdit