Payment arrangements (can only be made in the following manner)
- Always quote your student number as reference when making payments.
- Allow at least five working days for processing by your bank and retain the proof of payment (deposit slip).
- Do NOT forward your deposit slip to UP, unless specifically requested to do so. Forwarding the deposit slip to UP will NOT reduce processing time at the University and will NOT allow same day services, especially during registration.
- No arrangement can be made for the registration fee or residence reservation fee
Arrangements for payment of the current year’s studies:
- Arrangements will be considered for students who have no outstanding fees for the previous year and who have paid the current year’s registration fee (initial payment).
- Complete and return form A2016 (no debit order needed).
- Once accepted, the arrangement is visible on the UP portal (My TUKS Login > Student Centre > Student Finances > Student Finances > Financial arrangement).
- Arrangements after February: According to our policy 50% of a student’s account is payable end of April. Our system is set up to reflect this policy. Failing to comply with this policy, students will be allowed to write tests/exams, but the results will be blocked until 50% (half) of the account is paid. Once paid, the financial block lifts and access is granted. Notification of a supplementary exam will not be blocked and will be available to the student.
- The full account is payable 31 July.
We do accept equal monthly instalments on the condition that it starts February and may continue till end of October of the current study year to cover the full account by October. You may request such an arrangement by completing a financial arrangement form (A2016). Unfortunately account payments by way of monthly instalments from April (or later) till October will not be accepted, unless 50% (half) of the account is paid first. Once 50% is paid, you may request to make equal monthly instalments till October by completing the above-mentioned form.
Arrangements for non-returning students with outstanding debt:
- Complete and return form B2016 (no debit order needed).
Arrangements for returning students with outstanding debt: (debit order needed – 5 steps)
- Step 1: Immediately pay a minimum of 50% (half) of the previous year’s debt (balance as at 1 January). This 50% amount excludes the current year’s registration/residence reservation fee. Allow at least five working days for processing at your bank.
- Step 2: Pay the current year’s registration/residence reservation fee (initial payment). Allow at least five working days for processing at your bank. This may be combined as one payment with the amount as in step 1 above.
- Step 3: Submit proof of a signed debit order (done at your bank) to pay the other 50% (half) of the outstanding fees still due on a monthly basis. The debit order should include the cost of study for the current year!
If no bursary/loan is granted for the current study year, the debit order should include the cost of study for the current year. Add 50% (half) of the previous year’s debt as at 1 January that is still payable, to the study cost of the current year, minus the current year’s registration/residence reservation fee already paid (see step 2 above) and divide the total by the number of payments to obtain the monthly debit order total. Students staying in residence should include the residence cost for the current year in this calculation. The registration/residence reservation fee is not an additional amount, but forms part (initial payment) of the cost of study for the current year. Quotations for the cost of study for the current year can be generated on the UP portal (My TUKS Login > Student Centre > Student Finances > Student Finances > Create a UP quotation). See the quotation icon for assistance on cost of study for the year.
The debit order:
Done at the payee’s bank in favour of the University of Pretoria.
Last instalment must not be later than the end of July.
Bank details: Bank: ABSA, Account name: University of Pretoria, Hatfield, branch code 632005,
Account number 214 00 000 54. As reference, the 8-digit student number only.
- Step 4: Complete a Financial Arrangement form A64/96 (ensure that it is completed in full).
- Step 5: Only after receiving all documents and the payment(s) reflecting, will the University consider lifting the block for registration. In order to speed up the process, the above-mentioned documents may be submitted to Student Accounts, Student Service Centre or, should that not be possible, by email to [email protected].
Share this page
Last edited by Sean BooysenEdit