All students with disabilities bear the responsibility to timely request the assistance of the Disability Unit as well as to provide any documentation of conditions that may warrant academic accommodations. In addition it is the responsibility of the student to:
- Register with the Disability Unit as early as possible and submit documentation of disability as a prerequisite to receiving academic accommodations.
- “Letters of Accommodation” that detail your disability-related needs must be discussed with lecturers and other relevant faculty members.
- Concession applications for additional time must be submitted to the DU no later than April 30th, for first semester assessments and September 30th for second semester assessments. Engineering students kindly note that concession applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to Engineering Week assessments.
- Make timely applications for test and examination arrangements to be written at the Disability Unit. All requests to be submitted to the DU no later than a week before the assessment.
- Provide for personal disability-related needs or services such as personal care attendants.
- Meet the same academic standards expected of all UP students.
Share this page
Last edited by Maria RamaahloEdit